For this learning idea just keep it really simple:
- Play the video for the group to watch
- After they’ve watched it, ask them, what new things did you learn from the video?
- Allow people to give their answers.
- Ask another question, how can you apply some of what you learnt to the people you work with?
- Again allow them to give their answers.
- Finally, ensure that everyone has something to take notes with and tell them to complete this statement, as a result of watching this video I will……
- They should complete the statement with one thing they will do on their job based on the lessons they’ve learnt from the video.
There it is, three ideas to transform a three-minute video into a group learning tool. These ideas can easily be used in team meetings to run a micro-learning session. Expect more of these ideas in future posts.