In my last post I wrote about a short but informative video introducing schizophrenia which I came across on the Royal Society of Psychiatrists website. While the video is great as a stand alone learning resource for learning the basics of schizophrenia, it can also be used as a group learning resource.in my previous post I shared an idea on how to use the video for group learning. I will share another idea here and a third in my next post.
Idea two – identify answers from the video
- Split your team or group into smaller groups of maybe two or three people per group.
- Tell each group to write down these questions: What is schizophrenia? What are some of he key symptoms of schizophrenia?
- Tell them that you are going to show them the video. They should watch it and use information from the video to answer the two questions they wrote down.
- Show the video.
- Give them 10 minutes to answer the questions.
- After 10 minutes stop them and allow each team to feedback their answers
Doing this will allow your or group to glean some basic information about schizophrenia. I will write about my final group learning idea in the next post.